Monday, March 26, 2012

Back to Happy Christmas....

I went back to Happy Christmas, last week after a day with a sick migraine.
It doesn't seem like much for 5 days work does it? I think I'm going to stick with this for awhile.. My whole March has been topsy turvy, since Woodlawn has been postponed to May 12th - June 10th.  But with the delay I might actually get Max's LD Birth Sampler entered. If your interested in entering yourself or want more information the forms and the information are to the left under Woodlawn 2012. 

I haven't done anymore on the genealogy front, but I have still been cleaning out and organizing some stuff.  Pictures are another big issue that a genealogist faces, and we have tons that are NOT LABELED.  I don't know what people are thinking, I guess they think everyone will be around to explain who a person is (?).  Or they do write info on the back but its written in a native tongue, which in my husband's family is Norwegian.  Thank goodness for a distant cousin who I have gotten to know real well for help with translation as well knowing who some of the people are in the pictures.

I hope some of you might of gotten to see Finding Your Roots, with Henry Louis Gates?  I really enjoy his programs, even though he doesn't physically do all the research, he does give one some idea what papers and documents are out there for people to fnd and how to find them.  Ancestry's Who do You Think You Are, doesn't really do that.  They show people typing in searches, getting an answer (however unless you pay extra for those overseas records you won't get them in you initial searches).  They also have people pointing them in the right directions and have done all the work, but we don't get to see how they got there.  Well I know (an I'm sure others) who have done this for any length of time, but it would be great if they went into a little more detail.  Perhaps this is just me. 

So with those thoughts I leave you with....

With the Beau... just sunning himself...

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your migraine. I just can't imagine what they must be like. Yuck! Your Happy Christmas looks so pretty! I haven't done any sort of genealogy. It would be fun to do someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jean, I am new to blogging and have recently discovered your blog. Your needlework is awesome.

    Am passing along an award which was recently given to me called the Liebster Award, you can read about it here.

    http://samplingsfromspringcreek.blogspot.com

    Looking forward to learning more about you and seeing your awesome needlework

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments mean so much..