Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sampler for Max is done!

I have been very tardy, very tardy.. well alot of things have turned things around and upside.  For one my BIL is leaving the states.  He has sold everything and is venturing into a company that builds wind turbines and other solar equipment in Costa Rica.  As a family we wish him all the best and success in this venture, but I'm very worried about the whole thing.  Mike lost his wife of 30 years to cancer in 2002.  He has been very lonely, then the 2008 crash, he has been out of work ever since.  In the past he has dealt with electronic equipment such has setting up home theaters, but that extravagance was immediately cut out of people's budget when the bottom hit. So only that is his knowledge base, not solar or other things along that line, and that is why I feel a little leery about this venture.  Also he does not have any health insurance, and will not till he 65.  So I will keep in my prayers, that this all goes well for him this time.

Also with my BIL liquidating all this assets, he brought his share of my in-laws estate stuff.  We got one part and Mike got alot of the Japanese and other things.  Well know we have all of it in my basement.  I had finally gotten my rear end moving, and had started going through my parents things right now mostly books and household things.  Now I have more, I wonder if I will ever get through all this stuff.  But I'm motivated now, so I will keep moving.

My husband also had two different surgeries for melanoma.  One they had to do twice and go deeper to get cleaner margins.  Then he just had another one done.  My husband is a fair skinned Norwegian, who wanted to look like me in the sun (I'm one of those mixed skinned people who tans)so it was not going to happen for him.  So he had a sore back for about a month, but their gone and the margins are clean.

But on the stitching front I have finished "Max's Birth Sampler".  Little Max who had just turned 5, and will be in all day kindergarten this year.. Big Boy.  So here it is....
DMC Threads and Ecru Newcastle Linen

So now I'm working on Madison's Sampler, it will be all with done with Pinks and light Greens, also on 40 Ecru Newcastle. I started stitching on it yesterday, in a few days or so (after I get batteries for my camera) I will take a picture of my progress.  I'm also picking out colors for her First Communion Sampler, which will take place in the Spring of 2012.   I'm also still working on Jan Houtman's 9-11, but I think I have figured out how to do a rotation. 

Hope everyone has had a wonderful summer, mine has been alot more busier that usual, but somewhat productive... Jean

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the finish! It looks great. Sending healing thoughts for your husband, and best wishes for your BIL. My sister in-law's sister lives in Costa Rica and loves it. I have to admit, it's not a place where I would think of going. It's hard to know what end is up nowadays, though. Best of luck to him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments mean so much..