Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Getting closer on Happy Christmas....

 I'm getting closer to finally being finished with Happy Christmas...I'm getting down to the last row.
40 ct lakeside Linen Luna, with Gumnuts Silks
40ct Cream Ricamo, with Gumnut Silks
I also have been working away on my larger piece, Jan Houtman's 9-11. This piece is a little more slow going..  Lately though I have increased enthusiasm, I have been listening to my Kindle.  When I'm working on JH 9-11 I listen to Sherlock Holmes and upstairs I listen to Loretta Young bio called "Hollywood Madonna", I'm half way through it.  It has taken me some time get use to the Kindle, I had been using my portable Sony CD player, so this October when we were going to Florida I bought one for the trip.  I was able to use my Audible account with it along with buying books from the Kindle store.  I have always loved to read, the books between my mother and myself was a bit much when I went to settle up her things (I'm still working on it).  So the other problem I have is not possessing the physical book.  But I guess I'm saving a tree, and my library is now in the cloud.  I still have uses for my bookcases since some books aren't digital, such as stitching books and genealogy books.  The only thing that I do not like about the Kindle books is the when you put it on text to voice it reads everything, including footnotes if there are any.  But I do definitely get more stitching done while listening to a book, I guess because I have always enjoyed having someone read to me.

So as soon as I finish Happy Christmas I will be starting Ann Grimshaw, as part of Nicola's Scarlet Year Challenge.    You can read about here.  Its going to be big year for Nicola, but its also going to be a big year for me, I will be turning 60.  Anyone can join in to Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year.
Scarlet Letter samplers range from beginner to advanced, so a stitcher of any caliber can participate.
Here is my combo for Ann Grimshaw.
40ct Vintage Luna, with Gumnuts Mulberry 

As far as TV viewing, we got the 4th episode of Downton and its not getting much better, still bland. But we have been enjoying Loretta Young as Star of the Month on TCM, and with them showing most of her pre-codes. As SOTM we are given a celebration of her body of work.  Last week's viewing was not a truly her films, such "Suez" which is really more about Tyrone Power and "Kentucky" which is more about other things but not Loretta, even though its one of her few color films.  This week are pre-war romantic comedies, one with one of my favorite male actors, Warner Baxter; the movie is "Wife, Husband and Friend".  So this promises to be interesting evening of films.

I leave with my stitching buddy Sasha..

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments mean so much..

4 comments:

  1. Your stitching is looking wonderful! Sasha has the right idea in this weather. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saha is a cutie. I love my audio books whilst I stitch and it is wonderful to be able to combine two favourite hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sasha is adorable! Love the progress on your stitching. I love to listen to audio books or podcasts while I stitch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes she is,of the 6 babies she sticks to me like glue.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments mean so much..