Wednesday, April 3, 2013

New Start.. working over one

With Spring a new start.. Sitting Pretty's "Quaker Virtues".   
28 ct Cream Luguna, with Gumnuts Silks Denim


I'm really enjoying this stitch.. It took me a while to work up to using Lugana since its a evenweave, but its like needlepoint canvas to me, so I seem to working out the objections.  I tried using linen and had some issues with stitch alignment.   I also have discovered that I don't like working on a frame.

So with that not alot going on around here, just doing some spring cleaning, and throwing out some not wanted things.  However, TV viewing has been interesting, Masterpiece has started "Mr Selfridge", which took me a some time to warm up too. Some comments I read on the Facebook Page, is that they have portrayed him as just a loud and obnoxious American.  Well I think he was someone that was like Mr Ringling, and thought big and lived large.  An yes he like girls, so that doesn't really bother me, what did bother me was the music. However, I am looking forward to this weeks episode.  Also WETA UK showed Dr Helen Castor's special of  She Wolves of England, the first English Queens, that was really interesting.  If you haven't seen it, see if your PBS station will either be planning to show it or can get it.  Enjoyed the premiere of Season II, Call the Midwife, but I'm not completely over the moon like everyone is about this show.  I never like L&D when I was in nurses training,  had too many close calls... and I found it really stressful.  L&D is either very happy or very sad, no in between, So with that I will leave you with Lucy.... and her icy glare...

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments mean so much..

2 comments:

  1. Your new start is pretty! over one too - yikes! I enjoy Midwife, but I was never a nurse. Maybe that is why. Not sure about Mr. Selfridge. I'll probably keep watching to see. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also come to love 25 ct Lugana....especially Country Mocha.... And I totally understand about wonky fabrics when stitching over one.... Great start!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments mean so much..