Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I'm back...just lost my stitching mojo....

Well I have taken a little sabbatical from stitching.. but I'm back now.  Actually I have been stitching more on Quaker Virtues, which I started back in May. 
28 ct Cream Luguna, with Denim Shades of Gumnuts and Pink, stitched Over One
 
Just this past weekend I started Jan Houtman's 9-11 over one also...
28 ct White Luguna,, with Gumnuts Silks.
I'm also thinking of starting one of my Scarlet Letter Samplers, to add to the rotation.  Probably, Ann Grimshaw.  I just need to make a copy of it since its printed all on one sheet, which is maddening to work with.  I have the fabric and threads ready to go, cream Luguna with Gumnuts Wine Silk thread. 

On the personal and family news, I just celebrated by 60th birthday, it was a quiet affair.  Just me and thee.  Paul (thee) took off and we did some things during the week, which was nice.  We were suppose to go out with friends, but he became ill (seriously) and couldn't make it.   So with family in mind, I have been doing some genealogy work, getting ready to take a little trip to Front Royal and Richmond to do some research.  On that note I found a great local blog which points out some interesting history and facts about my hometown, Washington DC, check it out here.

We are getting ready to have another warm week here in DC, temps in the upper 90's with high humidity.. I really don't know what the big deal is, its July in DC.  Anyway it will be gone so they say by the weekend.  But it makes for a great stitching weather, and some other things that require time indoors. 

So I leave with as always with my Max, who is doing great (we poop regularly) he gets his Miralax twice a day and things go well.  But right now its nap time and he has discovered that I'm out the stitching chair, while I'm updating the blog...

 


Thank you for stopping by. Your comments mean so much..

1 comment:

  1. Your WIPs look great! Happy belated birthday! Love the pic of your kitty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments mean so much..