Tuesday, December 6, 2011

ah progress...

Well I have been working away at JH 9-11, for some reason I can't seem to put it down.  I really think its the gumnuts threads and their soft colors, but they are also lovely to work with..So here is my progress for this week

 I haven't been stitching for a while on Madison's sampler, but I will I promise.  What I need to get on the stick on is framing Mr. Max's Sampler so that its ready for entry into the Woodlawn Needlework show come February.  In case you have forgotten is Max's Sampler     

Well Christmas is coming, did you know that? of course you did, well you sure wouldn't know that looking around this house.  We are very low key here, since it's just us and the four legged ones   Also for the past two years we haven't put up a tree since the babies would of destroyed it and drove us crazy in the process.  Well this year we are going to try them with the little artificial tree that we put up, but with out the ornaments (don't want to lead them into temptation) I need to finish some shopping and send the cards and money to the grand kids.  I also need to put together Daniel's care package for Christmas.   We got a little distracted when Daniel was up this way and DH (Paul)is having a small medical issue done this week and I think emotions will relax and feel more like Christmas when its over. 

An last but not least I was able to get some pictures of the elusive Annie (the mom cat, the feral one) she is getting better all the time.  She will come a brush your leg every now and then, we can also pet her when we feed her.  An sometimes, just sometimes she will stay on her spot in the TV room while I stitch.  Now that's something!!  This cat never knew the human touch, but in two years she has come along way..  So here she is... my girl
This is her right next to my stitching chair... sorry about the bright eyes... but she just looked so sweet and that's why I took the picture.....
Just zoning out. Can you tell that Im just tickled to death with her.  Well we are, its been such an accomplishment to build the trust and friendship with this lovely girl.  Her Beau, is still and always will be her beau, the male cat she adores but she is discovering that humans aren't so bad either, now her babies are another matter....

Hope your holidays planning and preparing are coming along, hope stitching is in your plans.. If I don't get another progress report in before the holidays, then from our house to yours Happy Christmas and New Year.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments mean so much..