Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Alot's been going on...

Gosh, its been way over two months since I last posted.. I knew it was a long time but I had no idea it was that long.  So let me briefly updated on what has been going on.

We have had very sick cat, named Max.  I have mentioned him before.  He has megacolon due to chronic constipation.  As I had mentioned before in earlier posts, we had him on propulsid, and fluids to keep things moving.  Well he had a flare in August and the end of September.  With each of these came a run to the Emergency room, enemas, fluids and painful things being done to Max of a personal nature.  We knew in our hearts that we would have to go ahead with the surgery, however we due to leave for Florida.

On October 3, we left for Florida, St Augustine to be exact. Our son lives in St Augustine, along with one grandchild and the other grandchild is in Tampa (he's divorced).  A Tampa visit was out of the question this time, but we were hoping that Stephanie would allow us to see Gabriel.  But no, she is her usual self.  We can't stir up anything now, till her and Dan officially get divorced and sell the house, once that is done then and things remain the same, then we will see a lawyer about grandparents rights.

We did have a wonderful visit for 4 days and see my cousins, and my nieces new baby.  Here's a look
The South Wind Inn (where we stayed)


The Ponce de Leon - now Flagler College


We got around an saw alot of other places, like Fort Matanzas, Nombres de Dios, and the Lightner Museum which was the Alcazar Hotel.  We met up with family and did some shopping and eating at along St George Street.

Here's my niece, her baby Oliver, my husband and son Dan


Niece Jo and Olver, with my cousin James, Jo's husband Francisco and James's wife Jen. 
I have been doing some stitching, I started redoing Happy Christmas over one. I will post in a few days.

 

4 comments:

  1. I hope that all will be fine for Max and that you will eventually be able to establish a relationship with your grandchikd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, looks like you had a nice vacation. I hope that you will be able to see your grandchild soon, and also that Max will be better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you will be able to see Gabriel and the divorce ends amicably. Hope Max will heal up quickly too with the surgery. Looks like a nice visit with your son and all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I have updated the post, with some family pictures. We have to hold off for Dan's sake until they get the divorce settlement in place. Thanks for thinking of Max.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments mean so much..